Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ophthalmalogy Report

Today was Brooke's rescheduled appt with Dr. Cogen. We have noticed that she has intermittent periods when she looks cross eyed and one or the other eyes focuses inward. Dr. Cogen did a full eye exam dilation and all. He said we had 2 choices either wait and see if it got any worse or go ahead and treat for strabismus. Which meant glasses. He said it was a hard decision to make. I looked at him and said this was an easy decision considering where we started with the CMV til now. Especially if the glasses was the only thing that she had to have. It was a no brainer for me. Of course I opted for Brooke to go ahead and get glasses. He is unsure if this is from the CMV or if it was inherited from Tim. No one will never know. I went ahead and got her fitted and she should have her new glasses the first of the year. Dr. Cogen said that I had made the right decision because of Brooke's history. He is unsure if this will correct it or if she may have to have surgery one day. If the glasses correct the strabismus she will have to wear them until her teenage years. The glasses are going to be so cute. They are pink of course and they have Minnie Mouse on them. As soon as she gets them I will post some pics.

2 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Niki, I would have done the same. Can't wait to see the cute glasses!

Anonymous said...

I bet she will be so cute in her glasses.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!