Sunday, August 26, 2007

What a scare

Does anyone else have a problem with there kids trying to use to much soap when washing there hands? Well I do. Ben likes to pump out about 5 or 6 squirts. Today while I was getting ready I had Brooke in her bouncy seat in our bathroom like always. Ben had gone to the bathroom so I ask him to wash his hands. He pulled his stool up to the sink and I said "do not use to much soap"!!! He proceeded to pump out about 2 squirts and I said "that's enough". I started toward him to take the soap away and he tried to get in one more squirt. While doing so he pushed down really hard and the soap dispenser went flying off the counter and hit Brooke on the nose. She immediately started crying. When I looked down at her her nose looked blanched out (white) across the bridge. I thought "Oh my goodness her nose is broken". I immediately became nauseated and a warm flush went through my body. I picked her up to try to comfort her. It was the highest pitched cry you can ever imagine. After about 5 minutes of her crying I was able to look at her nose better. It was not bleeding or swollen but I thought I felt a knot and she would not let me touch it without crying. I was thinking in my head what in this world am I going to do. My nursing instinct was gone and I was in a panic mommy mode. Long story short it appears her nose is okay. It is a little red across the bridge but she now lets me touch it without crying and the knot is no longer there. We will see what it looks like tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brady said...

That sounds familiar. Somebody crying, somebody using too much soap, and somebody sitting on the toilet with no toilet paper because they use a roll per day!! Hope ya'll are doing good.