Thursday, February 28, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE

Today is Brooke's 1st birthday. It has been quit a year. Brooke has made remarkable strides considering we did not think she was going to make it the first 24-48hrs. She has gone from having PT twice a month to once a month now. She continues to pass her vision and hearing test. Her neurologist says "miracles do happen". He is right. Plus all the countless prayers. And most importantly GOD for answering those prayers.
Today was not the way I expected to spend her birthday though. She has had a cold and ear infection for the past 2wks and just finished antibiotics and she is back on them again. I took her back to the doctor today because she just couldn't kick her cold. her WBC was 18.0. So she got a shot and different RX's for her cold and ears. She also has the strongest gag reflex I have ever seen so she has been vomiting alot from the drainage. Anyway I am in hopes this round of medicines will do there job. This is the best I could do for a 1 year picture today. She hasn't felt the best. Also I have included some pictures from 1 yr ago so you can see how far she has come.
Happy Birthday Brooke. We Love You.




Brooke was only a few hours old. 4lbs. 15oz

1 wk old


2wks old

2 comments:

The Cannons said...

HAPPY BDAY BABY GIRL!I can't believe all the obstacles she's overcome;that's the power of prayer.

Kim Lawson said...

She's a fighter! That's for sure! Think she gets that from mom! :) Happy Birthday Brooke!