Sunday, March 16, 2008

Recovering

This past week Brooke began coughing. Nothing bad. Then on Tuesday she began running a low grade fever. I just thought it was from teething. Anyway her fever continued and when I picked her up from daycare Wednesday they said she had been sluggish all afternoon. So I thought something is up. Early Thursday morning her fever spiked at 102 and her cough was getting much worse and she had "weak eyes". I took her to the MD Thursday morning. Dr. Dudgeon did a series of test (flu swab, chest x-ray, and labs). The final results was she had pneumonia and probably the flu. Although the flu swab came back negative. There is a 20-30% false negative with the rapid swabs. Dr. Dudgeon said she just looked and acted like a baby with the flu. She was given another Rocephin shot, the 2nd one in 2wks and started on antibiotics again. She is feeling much better today. Her appetite is starting to come back and she is playing more. She still has a terrible sounding cough but at least the vomiting has stopped from such violent coughing attacks. I just hope and pray Ben doesn't get it now.

1 comment:

The Cannons said...

Hope and pray everyone will be better SOON.