Friday, November 16, 2007

Catch up time

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted anything on the blog. Boy do I have alot to catch up on. Brooke has made great strides over the past 2 weeks. She had her OT evaluation on the 1st. Her self help skills she is at a 9mth level and her fine motor skills she is at a 8mth level. They were very impressed. She is doing so well she does not need their services. What a relief that was. GO BROOKE!!!!
On Sunday the 4th Brooke was in the floor playing and the next thing we know she is sitting up. Tim and I looked at each other and said "did you sit her up?" She had transferred herself from a crawling to sitting position. Another milestone met. On Monday it was like she had been doing it for weeks.
On Monday the 5th Brooke had her F/U appt with her neurologist. He was very pleased with her progress. He said "miracles do happen" my eyes filled up with tears. He said she should continue on the track of a typical child and foresees no problems. We will see him again in 6mths.Music to our ears. Brooke is our little miracle. All the thoughts and prayers out there have been answered. Thank you. You will never know how much that means to our family.
On Tuesday the 6th Ben had an eye appt for his lazy eye. Dr. Cogen said he should grow out of it and not need any intervention. Another prayer answered. After Ben's appt i took Brooke to the pediatrician for her tight and raspy cough. She had the mild beginnings or croup. He gave us some Orapred in case she started wheezing.
On Wednesday the 6th Brooke was suppose to have had an appt with Infectious Disease but on Tuesday I received a call from the nurse and said that Dr. Ross had reviewed the notes from Dr. Mathisen (neuro) and saw no need for Brooke to F/U with them unless we just wanted to. I saw no need myself. Another great day. Oh yeah she also pulled up to her knees on her exersaucer. Scared me to death because it was on the hardwood floor.
On Thursday the 7th I had to renew my ACLS so MeMe and PawPaw came up and kept the kids for me. Brooke finally cut her 1st tooth.
On Friday the 8th Brooke was suppose to have gotten her 2nd flu shot but she was still sick so instead I took her back to the doctor. She had a little expiratory wheeze and rhonchi the night before. You know us nurses. Never off duty. So anyway of course when we got to the doctor none of that was happening. But she had developed mild bronchitis. So he gave her a RX for Xopenex inhaler in case her wheezing came back. It didn't. I felt like a big dummy. I guess better safe than sorry. Earlier in the day I had put Brooke in her bed and when I went in to check on her she had pulled up and was standing up in her bed leaning over the rail. I almost had a heart attack. I was not expecting her to do that. So I had to lower her bed all the way down.My mom came and stayed the night with me and the kids. Because Tim went to the beach to try to get in one last fishing trip before it got to cold. They had a great trip. They caught 21 mahi and 8 trigger fish. Way to go Tim.
On Saturday the 10th mom kept the kids while I went to get my haircut. A little mommy time after such a long week of appts. Brooke is still coughing but is still playful and eating well.
On Monday the 12th it was on Brooke started trying to pull up on everything in site (exersaucer, coffee table, ottoman etc...) I am so glad that she has met that milestone but I am scared to death she is going to fall and hurt herself. It was such a beautiful day we stayed outside for a long time and Ben painted until his heart was content.
On Tuesday the 13th Brooke began babbling. I am not sure if she trying to say "mama, dada, or bye-bye" it a mixture of them all I think. Another milestone met.
On Wednesday the 14th Ben was in his room playing and he came out with one of his trucks and said" mommy I want to give this to a little boy that doesn't have one". I said of course we can do that. So we are going to either let him pick out a toy and donate it to Toys for Tots or sponsor an angel off the angel tree. Ben has such a kind and giving heart. He always thinks of everyone and is such a worry wart.
Finally almost finished. On Thursday Brooke cut her 2nd tooth. She is trying her best to crawl but just can't her legs to cooperate. I know i didn't post much about Ben. He is being the typical 3 yr old. He has a hard time sharing his time with Tim and I and does not like sharing his toys with Brooke. I will post some updated pics at some point. Hope everyone is well.

No comments: