Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Physical Therapy Has Begun

I went back to see Dr. Lemak yesterday and he said everything looked good. I can now start bearing weight and by weeks end hopefully be off crutches. Next week he wants me to try getting out of my lovely boot. Which I will be so glad but I am sure I will be paranoid because it provides so much protection. My muscle tone is terrible. You can tell with the visual eye that my entire right leg and calf is smaller than my left. It's amazing how quick your muscles can atrophy. 

I also started PT (physical therapy) yesterday. I was lucky to get in the same day. The session went really well. A little pain and discomfort involved. I have hardly no movement in my ankle. They did measurements before we started and Dana said "well its zero" I said Oh, that's good. Her reply "zero is neutral position". Oh, not so good. I have a long way to go to get, hopefully, full range of motion back. 

3 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Ok so I am a total dweeb! I apparently missed the whole foot injury entry!! So sorry to hear about it! Glad the surgery went well and everything else between then and now. Take care of yourself!!!!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Hey there woman....how's the therapy? I know I know...what hurts can only make you stronger....or at least that's what they always said when I shattered my knee cap and had surgery and then therapy. Whatever. I say it just plain hurts! ;)

Also thanks for your comments,concerns and thoughts during my hospital stay. And aren't you so smart to recognize the "p" word on one letter alone....you would do great on Wheel of Fortune!! :)

Love and miss you! Hope all is well at your house!

Joy said...

Niki, I have been keeping up with you and hope that physical therapy is going good.
Joy