Friday, December 12, 2008

Audiology Report

As you know Wednesday Brooke had her repeat hearing test. Things went well. Poor Jennifer had her work cut out for her. Brooke was not the most cooperative toddler. We started out in the booth. Jennifer thought she would get Brooke to do picture recognition however Brooke only wanted to play with the toys. So on we went to "listen for the sound and put the toy in a bucket". That went a little better but Brooke soon lost interest. So Jennifer decided to try old faithful "closed booth test".  Brooke did well for a while but soon got bored. On went the headphones. I always have anxiety with this because I can't hear myself and can't tell how well Brooke is doing.  Brooke began only looking at our toys we had in our lap. This scared me because I didn't think she was hearing anything. But little did I know that little miss priss was cutting her eyes toward the side she was hearing instead of turing her head. That's my Brooke showing who's boss and I hear you but I am not going to look at you. Jennifer did say that she could only get a consistant acknowledgement with normal level human voice. We then attempted the OAE. She did not fail but it was inconclusive because of Brooke's tubes. 

I know that was alot of mumbo-jumbo but to sum it all up Jennifer thinks and feels comfortable with Brooke's hearing ability. As I have said in earlier post her vocabulary is growing daily and Jennifer even made comment on the amount of words. According to guidelines 18mths uses 25-50 words and 2yrs uses around 300 words with 2 and 3 word combinations. Brooke uses way more than 50 words. To be honest I can't put a number on the amount of words she says. She also uses 2 word combo's and occ 3 word combo's. 

Jennifer wants to see her again in 3mths or sooner if I notice any plato or progression. Thanks to everyone for your prayers. Brooke says thanks too!!!!! 
 

1 comment:

Kim Lawson said...

Great report! Sounds like Brooke's vocabulary and language skills are above and beyond her age level. Good work mommy and daddy!