Sunday, December 7, 2008

Physical Therapy Session

This past Monday Brooke had here PT session. She is doing extremely well. There is less than 25% developmental delay so Kristi (her physical therapist) said she could be released from early intervention if I was okay with it. It was my decision. I was shocked. Not really but to hear those words was a little uneasy to me. I have gotten so use to having a second set of eyes helping me watch over Brooke. To be honest it makes me a little nervous. Because I know how a vast majority of the CMV children outcome ends of being. No good, Not good at all. It's so depressing to read and follow up on some of the links I originally started following. Kristi cold tell I was uneasy  with the decision. So she is going to come back in March and do her annual evaluation (IEP) along with the service coordinator. She said we could also have speech come out and evaluate Brooke since there is a question of her hearing on the left side. Which I am going to agree with. I am going to utilize every little facet of early intervention offered. I not nor is Kristi concerned because Brooke's vocabulary is abundant and grows daily.

As you may have read in an earlier post Brooke is scheduled for a repeat hearing test on Wednesday.  Please say a prayer for Brooke that her hearing is intact bilaterally. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll say a little prayer for her. The Christmas pictures are GREAT!

Kim Lawson said...

She's definitely in my prayers!!

The Cannons said...

In my prayers, Promise!