As for the looks of my foot....pigs in a blanket comes to mind. Yeah my toes are so swollen they don't even look like mine. There is definite bruising. My leg and foot itches like the dickens from the temporary cast.
The bedside commode has become my new best friend. It just became to painful to hobble to the bathroom.
If you haven't had a chance to read up on all the Hollywood hoop-la People's Best and Worst for 2008 isn't to bad. I think I have counted every popcorn piece on the ceiling. Instyle magazine is next on my list. I should come up with a new design for the fashion statement gowns the hospital has.
I know I am just rambling. I am here by myself right now. Tim went home to met his parents to help them get the kids settled in for the night. We thought it would be best to keep them on there normal routine. For one we are paying for it and two it will give Tim's parents a much needed brake. So Jo Ann can get her grocery shopping done for Christmas. My mom has gone home for the day to get some clothes washed and she will be back up here bright and early in the morning.
Thanks to Greg and Stacey and the kids for coming by. The poinsettia does bring a little Christmas cheer to the room. The kids made me feel like I was at home with all the fighting and arguing.
As soon as I know what time surgery is scheduled for I will let you all know. Dr. Lemak has 9 other cases scheduled for tomorrow. I just hope and pray he doesn't put it off another day. Because the swelling is really bad. We will just have to wait and see.
Thanks to everyone for your calls and e-mails. It means so much. Take care until tomorrow.


4 comments:
Niki, so sorry about your fall and fracture, and nausea, and pain and upcoming surgery....geez, girl. I will be praying for you---keep us updated as you can. Maybe they will be able to squeeze the surgery in soon!
Thanks Kim. My post are a little long and I tend to ramble but I have nothing else to do. Your blog is great. Tyner Beth looks like a mini me of YOU!!!!!
Best of Luck tomorrow. Hope everything goes well and will praying for a speedy recovery. Love Ya!
Oh, Niki.....Bless Your Heart. I know it must be very painful and Ho Ho Ho due any day now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love ya, Ms. Joy
Post a Comment